The 2013 Hadoop Summit is coming up and I’d like to see us presenting a few topics. From reading this blog. It sounds like it can be pretty darn competitive to get space at the summit. They had “2:1 rejection rate” and they were “ruthless”.
Here is what you need to make the cut:
- Topics about the future of a core component of the Hadoop stack? (HDFS, YARN, HBase, etc… )?
- Topics on the future of a new-but-potentially essential part of the stack?
- Does it sound interesting?
- Is it going to be relevant to the audience within the next 18 months?
- A very compelling abstract that differentiated yourself from others. They will have multiple on the same topic and given very little information they will pick the most interesting abstract
So – if we want to get this done by FEBRUARY 22nd – we need to get cracking and put together a compelling abstract.